Forest Mindfulness Classes
release stress & connect to the beauty of nature
Join us for a morning of self-care & relaxation in the spring forest
Are you craving some time to slow down and press pause on your busy schedule? Do you want to reconnect with yourself, immerse in nature, and feel connected to the world around you? Join us for Forest Mindfulness class to relax and restore in the beautiful setting of Michigan’s forests!
During this one hour wellness experience we’ll guide you into the forest for a relaxing morning filled with self-care practices like:
- Guided breathwork to reduce stress
- Guided Shinrin-yoku and nature immersion experiences to help you re-bond with nature and calm your mind
- Closing opportunities to connect with other people and make new friends
Cold Weather Comforts
Spring can still be a little chilly, but don’t let that keep you indoors! On mornings that call for it, we’ll have our cold weather comforts prepped and ready to keep you outside and relaxing in comfort:
We’ll have our portable propane heater, Dyna, along for classes when needed. You can hang out with Dyna if you need a little warming up!
We’ll have two, eco-friendly hot stone hand warmers for each participant.
If it’s chilly, dress warm and aim for cozy! We’ve had participants wrap up in blankets, bring a hot thermos of tea or coffee & more.
Three Class Package: $39 ($13/class)
Five Class Package: $60 ($12/class)
Single Class: $15
*Class packages can be used to attend both Science Sunday + Forest Mindfulness classes!
- Forest Mindfulness classes run from 10-11 am, weekly. Head to our Calendar + Booking page for upcoming classes and registration!
- Registration in advance is required, so don’t forget to sign up!
- All are welcome and no experience in the outdoors is necessary. These classes are geared toward an audience 13 years or older, but all ages are welcome to attend!
- Classes are hosted at two locations in the Grand Rapids area (Provin Trails and Ken-O-Sha Park), alternating bi-weekly.
- COVID Safety Measures:
- Class size is limited to ten participants total (including our guide)
- Social distancing will be observed at all times. We’ll offer gentle reminders throughout class, if necessary
- Face masks are required when participants are together in the forest. A portion of class includes individual exploration in nature, where participants are separate from the group and experiencing time alone in the forest. During this time you are welcome to lower your mask if you’d like
- Check out our What to Expect page for more information, refund and cancellation policies and other FAQs.
- Questions? Contact Us today!
We’ll see you in the forest!