Forest Mindfulness Classes
Start your weekend in the beauty of nature
Do you spend most of your winter indoors?
While cold temperatures and shorter daylight hours can tempt us to stay inside, going to nature is a critical and often overlooked component of mental health. Fresh air, natural Vitamin D, and connection to the cycles of nature can help us stay healthy and fight the effects of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Our Forest Mindfulness classes are all about self care, decreasing stress, and exploring mindful connections in the beautiful setting of Michigan’s forests.
Forest Mindfulness classes include:
- Guided breathwork to connect with self
- Guided forest therapy to connect with nature (also known as “forest bathing“)
- Closing sharing circle to connect with community
Cold Weather Comforts
We’ll have our portable propane heater, Dyna, along for classes. You can hang out with Dyna if you need a little warming up!
We’ll have two, eco-friendly hot stone hand warmers for each participant.
Dress warm and aim for cozy! We’ve had participants wrap up in blankets, bring a hot thermos of tea or coffee and more.
- Forest Mindfulness classes run from 9:15-10:15 am, weekly. Head to our Calendar + Booking page for upcoming classes and registration!
- Registration in advance is required, so don’t forget to sign up!
- All are welcome and no experience in the outdoors is necessary. These classes are geared toward an audience 13 years or older, but all ages are welcome to attend!
- Classes are hosted at two locations in the Grand Rapids area (Provin Trails and Ken-O-Sha Park), alternating bi-weekly.
- COVID Safety Measures:
- Class size is limited to ten participants total (including our guide)
- Social distancing will be observed at all times. We’ll offer gentle reminders throughout class, if necessary
- Face masks are required when participants are together in the forest. A portion of class includes individual exploration in nature, where participants are separate from the group and experiencing time alone in the forest. During this time you are welcome to lower your mask if you’d like
- Check out our What to Expect page for more information, refund and cancellation policies and other FAQs.
- Questions? Contact Us today!
We’ll see you in the forest!