learn about the forest & explore in a new way
Do you want to learn more about the natural world? Are you interested in learning how to identify plants, what the plant may have to share with us, and how the forest ecosystem is connected?
Join us for Science Sunday classes to ignite a new level of connection and see the forest in a whole new way!
Different than a naturalist hike, these classes help you deepen your connection to the land through both guided learning and sensory/hands on exploration.
This one hour class includes:
- A short hike into the forest
- A short talk about a unique weekly topic like plant identification, medicinal/health benefits of certain plants or aromatics, connections we can see in a forest ecosystem, and more.
- Time to explore on your own, expanding your new knowledge by slowing down and noticing what you can discover through the felt senses of the body
Three Class Package: $39 ($13/class)
Five Class Package: $60 ($12/class)
Single Class: $15
- Science Sunday classes run from 10:30-11:30 am, bi-weekly. Head to our Calendar + Booking page for upcoming classes and registration!
- All are welcome (kids and teens, too!) and no experience in the outdoors is necessary.
- Registration in advance is required, so don’t forget to sign up!
- Science Sundays are hosted at Cascade Peace Park, 8900 Grand River Dr SE, Ada, MI 49301.
- COVID Safety Measures:
- Class size is limited to ten participants total (including our guide)
- Social distancing will be observed at all times. We’ll offer gentle reminders throughout class, if necessary
- Face masks are required when participants are together in the forest. A portion of class includes individual exploration in nature, where participants are separate from the group and experiencing time alone in the forest. During this time you are welcome to lower your mask if you’d like
- Check out our What to Expect page for more information, refund and cancellation policies and other FAQs.
- Questions? Contact Us today!
We’ll see you in the forest!