Are you ready to see the forest in a new way…?
Are you interested in learning how to identify plants, how to forage for wild foods, and how to recognize the incredible ways in which the forest ecosystem is connected?
Join us for Science Sunday’s classes!
Led by environmental engineer and nature specialist, Katie Venechuk, this unique class is designed with a focus on ethical approaches to foraging, reciprocity in our relationship to nature, and igniting our curiosity about the natural world that exists around us.
Science Sundays Classes begin at 10:30am and include:
- A guided walk into the forest, during which we’ll talk about the plants and interesting thing we see along the path
- A deeper talk about a featured plant or a natural feature of the forest, which may include foraging tips, plant identification, medicinal/health benefits of certain plants or aromatics, connections we can see in a forest ecosystem, and more
- Time to explore on your own, expanding your new knowledge hands-on or simply relaxing among the trees
No special gear or experience in the outdoors is necessary to join us.
Sunday, August 22, 10:30-11:30am, Cascade Peace Park
Sunday, September 26, 10:30-11:30am, Cascade Peace Park
Three Class Package: $39 ($13/class)
Five Class Package: $60 ($12/class)
Single Class: $15
- Classes are hosted once monthly on Sunday mornings from 10:30-11:30am. Head to our Calendar + Booking page for upcoming classes and registration!
- Science Sundays are hosted at Cascade Peace Park, 8900 Grand River Dr SE, Ada, MI 49301. Please note that we meet at the Grand River Drive park entrance – NOT the Bolt entrance!
- All are welcome (kids and teens, too!) and no experience in the outdoors is necessary.
- Registration in advance is necessary to join us, so don’t forget to sign up!
- Check out our What to Expect page for more information, refund and cancellation policies and other FAQs.
- Questions? Contact Us today!
We’ll see you in the forest!