Science Sundays Class
Monthly Plant Walk + Ethical Foraging + Wild Tending
Are you interested in learning how to identify plants, how to forage for wild foods and medicines, and how to recognize the incredible ways in which the forest ecosystem is connected?
Join us for Science Sundays classes!
This class is a great way to expand your knowledge and appreciation for the amazing plants that grow in the forest. There are things to discover ALL year – even here in Michigan!
During this 1-hr class, you’ll learn:
- How to identify edible & medicinal plants in the forest, what you can use them for, and where to find them
- Ethical foraging practices
- An introduction to the practice of “wild tending.” Wild tending is the practice of acknowledging our human relationship to the natural world and is an approach to foraging that is founded on respect, appreciation and reciprocity to the land, the people who have tended to it, the wildlife, and the amazing plants we meet on our walk.
Sunday, December 12, 10:30-11:30am
Sunday, January 16, 10:30-11:30am
Cascade Peace Park, Ada, MI
Three Class Package: $39 ($13/class)
Five Class Package: $60 ($12/class)
Single Class: $15
Science Sundays class is guided by Katie Venechuk, IYE’s founder and program guide. Katie is an experienced forager who draws on her added knowledge as a naturalist, environmental engineer, and forest therapy guide to provide a high quality and balanced learning experience for all ages, sending you home with practical tips and confidence to explore the wonders of foraging on your own. Want to learn more about Katie? Click HERE!
FAQ & Other Details:
- All registrations for our classes are handled in advance, so please don’t forget to sign up if you plan to join us!
- Classes are hosted once monthly on Sunday mornings from 10:30-11:30am. Head to our Calendar + Sign Up page for upcoming classes and to sign up.
- Classes are hosted at Cascade Peace Park, 8900 Grand River Dr SE, Ada, MI 49301. Please note that we meet at the Grand River Drive park entrance – NOT the Bolt entrance!
- All are welcome (kids and teens, too!) and no experience in the outdoors is necessary.
- Check out our What to Expect page for more information, refund and cancellation policies and other FAQs.
- Questions? Contact Us today!
We’ll see you in the forest!