May 24 – June 7 – June 21
Yoga in the Forest + Forest Bathing + Journaling + Meditations + Herbal Tea
“Spring is far more than just a changing of seasons –
it’s a rebirth of the spirit.”
― Toni Sorenson
Harness the Energy of Spring:
Spring is a season of transformation and growth. From March 20 to June 20, the ice of winter melts away while a new world blooms around us.
During this springtime series, join our guide Katie for a 3-part journey into self-care, nature connection and personal growth, featuring all-levels yoga classes themed by workshop, forest bathing to help you ignite a sense of belonging and inspiration, journaling prompts for self-reflection, self-love and intention setting, a specially selected herbal tea, and more.
Hosted at the Bradford Dickinson White Nature Preserve during the most vibrant weeks of springtime growth, we’ll come together every 14 days for these workshops – offering a special approach to aligning with the changing seasons in both the world around us and the world within us.
Full Workshop Series Details
Workshop One: Grounding the Earth Element, Tuesday, May 24, 6:30-8:30pm
In the spring, the damp earth re-emerges from beneath the snow. We welcome the sight of the fallen leaves from last winter, the underlying grass, and the remains of decaying plants. The natural world exhibits a beautiful reminder that what we held and shed in our past does not need to inhibit our growth — in fact, it can be the nourishment we need to move into our next season of life. During this workshop, we will tend to our earth element. Preparing for our own transformation begins with nourishing our roots as they exist in this moment. This workshop will include a guided nature meditation for grounding and connecting to our class spot, a one hour yoga class focused on grounding postures, a journaling prompt to help us ignite our awareness and set intention, and a tea selection to help you ground and cleanse your body as the season begins to truly shift. Tea will be served at the end of the workshop to be enjoyed on your ride home, creating a bridge of continued self-care into the rest of your evening.
Workshop Two: Bringing Flow to the Water Element – Tuesday, June 7, 6:30-8:30pm
During Spring, longer sunlight hours, warmer temperatures and rain thaw the earth — bathing the landscape in nourishment. During this workshop, we will focus on the water element. Moving from the season of frozen water to the season of running water, we can align and access our own state of flow, releasing rigid mindsets, and helping ourselves feel free to move into new territories. This workshop will include a guided forest bathing experience with an invitation to connect to the easeful flow of the nature world around you, a 1-hour yoga class focused on accessing a state of personal flow through a smooth and fluid sequence, and a tea selection to hydrate your body and nourish your growth as you move into the next phase of transformation. Tea will be served at the end of the workshop to be enjoyed on your ride home, creating a bridge of continued self-care into the rest of your evening.
Workshop Three: Embracing Transformation – Tuesday, June 21, 6:30-8:30pm (the first day of summer)
The world has come to life! Spring reminds us that the potential for transformation exists within us all, if we allow it to bloom. In this workshop, we will enjoy a slow appreciation of how the forest has changed after 6-weeks of growth. After witnessing the transformation of the world around us, we will turn our focus inward and focus on our heart center. It is from heart space that we transform into the most beautiful version of ourselves in this season of our lives. This workshop will include a special guided forest bathing invitation to come into alignment with the changing season, a one-hour yoga class focused on heart opening postures, a journaling prompt for reflection among the trees, and a tea selection to enrich the blood, soothe your nerves and send you into the world with a vibrant heart center. Tea will be served at the end of the workshop to be enjoyed on your ride home, creating a bridge of continued self-care into the rest of your evening.
Full Series Registration:
EARLY BIRD: $79 through May 7!
$90 Normal Registration
12589 36th Street, Lowell, MI
Additional Details & Helpful FAQs:
- Workshop series is led by Katie Venechuk, ANFT Certified Forest Therapy Guide and registered yoga teacher, with over 5 years & 500 hours of yoga teaching experience.
- Series hosted with a participant min 6 and max of 18. All registrations are handled in advance, so don’t forget to sign up if you plan to join us!
- All are welcome and no experience with yoga or in the outdoors is necessary. Please note: this workshop series is geared toward an audience 13 years or older.
- If a workshop is cancelled due to inclement weather, it will be rescheduled for the following week.
- Workshops are hosted at the Bradford Dickinson White Nature Preserve in Lowell, Michigan, which is 20-minutes from downtown Grand Rapids.
- NOTE: There is no restroom on site and parking is on-street. In exchange for the lack of these amenities, we’ll have peaceful quiet, very few crowds and a beautiful forest environment. There is a nice restroom at a gas station just 5 minutes from the preserve, which you can stop at before or after class if needed. Feel free to contact us if you have questions or concerns about the location. We’d be happy to talk with you!
- Check out our What to Expect page for more information, refund and cancellation policies and other FAQs.
- Questions? Contact Us today!
We’ll see you in the forest!