Wellness Classes & Workshops
What to Expect
Are you ready to join us for a unique wellness experience in the great outdoors?
Fantastic! We can’t wait to meet you!
On this page you’ll find some general event details to be aware of as you prepare for your class or workshop.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES: To protect our community and do our part in preventing the spread of the virus, the following measures are in place:
- Class sizes are limited to ten participants total (including our guide).
- Social distancing will be observed at all times. We’ll offer gentle reminders throughout class, if necessary.
- Face masks are required when participants are together in the forest. Many of our classes include individual exploration in nature, where participants are separate from the group and experiencing time alone in the forest. During this time you are welcome to lower your mask if you’d like.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
What to wear and what to bring:
- You don’t need to bring much! No special outdoor gear is necessary to participate, unless you’ve registered for a class that includes a yoga session, in which case you will need a yoga mat. For our winter classes and programming, dress warm and bring along some water or a thermos of hot tea or coffee.
- If temperatures are comfortable, you may enjoy wearing comfortable walking sandals instead of boots or closed toe tennis shoes. Sandals offer the opportunity for airflow around the feet and are a nice option for switching between shoes on/off (if you choose).
- Forest bathing can lead to inspiration and creativity, so you may enjoy bringing a sketchbook or journal for use during or after your class.
- The power of “digital detox” is real! We encourage a cell phone free experience, if you are comfortable and able to leave the phone behind.
- During our summer programming we have plant-based, DEET free mosquito repellent available to participants.
When You Arrive for Class:
- When you arrive for class, the group will gather at the trailhead and walk together to our class location. While the walk will not be far, participants will need to be able to walk along unpaved forest trails. Please try to arrive five to ten minutes early. If you are late, we will have an IYE team member wait for you at the trail-head for up to ten minutes after class start time.
- We do our best to host classes and walks at locations with restroom facilities, but some parks do NOT have restroom facilities. We’ll let you know in the class description and cue you in on options!
Registration and Other Details:
- Pre-registration is required for all classes and workshops. Be sure to sign up in advance!
- We limit registration to 18 people or less per class/workshop, 12 people or less per forest therapy walk. Early registration is recommended!
- Price varies by event. Please see specific event details for pricing.
- All participants are asked to read and sign our Participant Agreement, Release and Assumption of Risk prior to participation in a class or workshop. You can easily review the document and sign online by clicking HERE. We’ll also send you an email within a few days of your class with the link and a friendly reminder!
- Providing space for you to have a relaxing experience in nature is our top priority. If you prefer not to be included in photographs or videos taken during our classes or programs, our Participant Agreement includes an option for you to opt out. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Class Cancellations and Transfers:
- In the case of heavy rain, thunder, lightning, unsafe winter driving conditions, extreme cold or other environmental hazards, we may cancel class. If so, you will be emailed at least one hour before class to inform you of the change. You may apply your purchase to attend a future class. If you purchased a package, your package will extend by one week (if you have a schedule conflict the following weekend, please contact us to discuss). Please note: in the case of light rain in reasonably warm temperatures, we may still have class. The forest is a magical place in the rain and offers a whole new experience!
- Please note that all class purchases and class packages are non-refundable and non-transferable. There are two exceptions to this policy, which include class cancellation by IYE due to inclement weather or other circumstance, or if you arranged a small modification to your class package at the time of purchase.
Still have a question? Contact us today! We’d be happy to help you.