Wellness Classes & Workshops
What to Expect
Are you ready to join us for a unique wellness experience in the great outdoors?
Fantastic! We can’t wait to meet you!
Here are some general event details to be aware of as you prepare for your class or workshop:
- Pre-registration is required for all classes and workshops. Be sure to sign up in advance!
- We will observe safe social distancing in all classes.
- For most classes and workshops, all you’ll need is a yoga mat and a bottle of water. Don’t have a yoga mat? Let us know when you register so that we can bring one for you (freshly sanitized).
- All classes and workshops are phone and technology free. Get that digital detox!
- When you arrive for class, the group will gather at the trail-head and walk together to our class location. While the walk will not be far, participants will need to be able to walk along unpaved forest trails. Please try to arrive five to ten minutes early. If you are late, we will have an IYE team member wait for you at the trail-head for up to ten minutes after class start time.
- Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable walking sandals as opposed to boots or closed toe tennis shoes. This encourages air movement near the feet during forest bathing, and allows you to easily remove your shoes if you choose to.
- The experiences of forest bathing and yoga often lead to inspiration and creativity. You may enjoy bringing a sketchbook or journal for use during or after your workshop or class.
- Some classes are hosted at locations that do NOT have restroom facilities. Be sure to read the class details to check if a restroom will be available, and use the bathroom before arriving for class if necessary. (All classes longer than 1.5-hours will be hosted at locations with a restroom available on-site).
- Worried about bugs and mud? Bugs and mud are a part of going to nature, but don’t worry too much – we’ll be ready to explain how the microbes in the dirt are good for us, and we’ll have plant-based, DEET free mosquito repellent available to participants, if needed.
Need to know:
- All participants are asked to read and sign our Participant Agreement, Release and Assumption of Risk prior to participation in a class or workshop. You can easily review the document and sign online by clicking HERE, or you can watch for our email within a few days of your class with the link and a friendly reminder!
- Price varies by workshop or class. Please see specific event details for pricing.
- We typically limit registration to 18 people or less per class. This helps us apply “leave no trace” practices in our nature experiences, and also facilitates an intimate setting with our surroundings. Early registration is recommended!
- In the case of inclement weather (heavy rain/thunder/lightning) we may cancel class. If so, you will be emailed at least one hour before class to inform you of the change. You may apply your purchase to a future class. If you purchased a four week package, your package will extend by one week (if you have a schedule conflict the following weekend, please contact us to discuss). Please note: if there is light rain we will (likely) still have class. We encourage a range of experiences, and the forest is a whole new world in the rain! Embrace it!
- Due to our class size restrictions, please note that all class purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable. There are two exceptions to this policy, which include class cancellation by IYE due to inclement weather, or if you arranged a small modification to your four class package at the time of purchase.
Still have a question? Contact us today! We’d be happy to help you.