Wellness Classes & Workshops
What to Expect
Are you ready to join us for a unique wellness experience in the great outdoors?
Fantastic! We can’t wait to meet you!
Here are some helpful FAQs about what to expect during our classes, workshops and forest therapy walks.
If you have any other questions, feel free to Contact Us!
FAQ: What do I wear and do I need to bring anything?
- You don’t need to bring much! No special outdoor gear is necessary to participate. If you’ve registered for a class that includes a yoga session you will need a yoga mat.
- For our winter classes and programming we recommend dressing a little warmer than you would for a normal hike in the forest. You may also like to bring along some water or a thermos of hot tea or coffee.
- For our summer classes, you may enjoy wearing comfortable walking sandals instead of boots or closed toe tennis shoes. Airflow around the feet can be really nice, and sandals offer an easy opportunity for switching between shoes on/off (if you choose).
- You may enjoy bringing a sketchbook or journal for use during or after your class.
- The power of “digital detox” is real! We encourage a cell phone free experience, if you are comfortable and able to leave the phone behind.
- During our summer programming we have plant-based, DEET free mosquito repellent available to participants.
FAQ: What should I expect when I arrive for class?
- Our group will gather at the trailhead prior to class time. Look for our guide Katie, who will be wearing a shirt with the IYE logo and be easy to spot. We will walk together into the forest when class starts.
- Please try to arrive 5-10 minutes early. If you are running late and we haven’t heard from you, we’ll have an IYE team member wait for you at the trailhead for up to 10-minutes after class start time. If you know you’ll be later than 10-minutes, please Contact Us so that we know to wait for you.
- We do our best to host all classes and walks at locations with restroom facilities, but some parks do NOT have restroom facilities. If a location does not have a restroom or porta potty, we’ll let you know in the class description and cue you in on options!
Registration and Other General FAQs:
- Pre-registration is necessary to join our classes and workshops (even if you have a class package) so don’t forget to sign up in advance! Early registration is recommended and appreciated.
- All participants must read and sign our Participant Agreement, Release and Assumption of Risk prior to participation in a class or workshop. You’ll be guided through this requirement during the online registration process.
- Photography during classes: Providing space for you to have a relaxing experience in nature is our top priority. If you prefer not to be included in photographs or videos taken during our classes or programs, please chat with us before class to let us know. We are happy to honor your request. You can also send us an email request at firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer to address it in advance. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sharing Class Packages:
Class packages are structured to offer one participant the opportunity to enjoy a variety of classes in the forest at a reduced class rate. The practice of forest bathing builds each time we step into the forest, and multiple classes can help you see if it is something you’d like explore deeper. Class packages are not meant to be split among multiple people and cannot be shared. If you have any questions, please let us know. We’re happy to clarify!
- Hazardous Weather Cancellations: In the case of heavy rain, thunder, lightning, unsafe winter driving conditions, extreme cold or other environmental hazards, we may cancel class. If so, you will be emailed at least 2-hours before class to inform you of the change. You can apply your purchase to attend a future class of your choice!
- Light Rain: In the case of light rain in reasonably warm temperatures, we may still have class. The forest is a magical place in the rain and offers a whole new experience!
- Minimum Class Sizes: To feasibly host classes, we may cancel a class if 2 people or less are registered. Our goal is to help you honor the time you set aside for self-care in the forest, so it is rare that we will cancel a class for this reason. If we do cancel a class due to low registration, we will offer at least 1-hour notice and provide you with a full refund, as well as a $5 off customer appreciation discount code for your next class. Thank you for your understanding of this policy!
Have a change of plans and can’t make it to a class?
- Each scheduled class or workshop has a listed refund policy when you register for an event in ClassFit. You can also see the refund policy on our Booking Calendar, just beneath the Class Description.
- For most of our regularly scheduled classes, we offer a 100% refund of your registration if you give us at least 3-hours notice that you will not be able to join us. If you choose to drop-out of a class, please be sure to login to your ClassFit account to withdraw from class in the registration system and ensure you are refunded (see below for additional details).
- Class drop-out if you purchased a single class:
- If you withdraw from a class via your account on ClassFit at least 3-hrs in advance of class start time, you’ll receive a 100% refund of your registration.
- Class drop-out if you have a Class Package:
- If you withdraw from a class via your account on ClassFit at least 3-hrs in advance of class start time, your account will not be charged for the class and the class will remain on your account.
- Due to our limited class schedule and smaller class sizes, we are unable to issue refunds for late drop-outs or no shows. If you have an emergency and would like to request a refund for a late drop-out, please Contact Us to discuss the situation. Thanks for your understanding of this policy!
- The purchase of Class Packages, workshops, special events, and multi-week series registrations are non-refundable. Thanks for your understanding!
Still have a question? Contact us today! We’d be happy to help you.