A nature-focused wellness experience, offered in countries all over the world.
Explore the internationally recognized wellness practice of forest therapy, with one of Michigan’s only ANFT certified guides.
Relieve stress naturally & reconnect to nature:
During a forest therapy walk, you will be guided through a sequence of forest bathing invitations that are intentionally designed to help you slow down and lean into the sensory gifts of your body (sight, sound, touch, smell, and taste) as you explore the incredible beauty of nature. These walks are inspired by the Japanese wellness practice Shinrin-yoku (translated in English as “forest bathing”) and are particularly helpful at reducing stress levels, giving a busy mind time to rest, and increasing a felt sense of connection to the world around you.
Why join a forest therapy walk?
As humans, we have an innate connection to nature. You can feel it when you pay attention.
Medical doctors & researchers around the world agree that spending time in nature provides many benefits.
Birdsong calms our nervous system, fresh air cleanses our lungs, and natural landscapes are easily processed by our vision and help us to relax.
We have a connection with nature in the anatomy of our physical body – but it also flows deeper than this.
Have you ever been moved by an experience in nature?
Maybe you’ve gotten teary as you looked out on a vast and beautiful landscape.
Maybe you’ve felt awe at the sight of a forest in its full fall colors, or spring flowers in bloom.
How many happy memories do you have of watching a sunset?
The felt connection is real, and it is a powerful tool to help us boost our health, happiness and well-being in a natural way.
A forest therapy walk is structured to help you explore this.
What to Expect On A Walk:
A forest therapy walk is a slow experience in nature, not a hike. We’ll generally cover less than one mile during our time together.
Our walks follow a framework as designed by the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy and include:
- An introduction to the history & practice of forest therapy, including some of the health benefits and health research
- Guided forest bathing invitations to help you gently awaken your senses, slow down, and open up to the peace of nature
- Ample personal time to explore the environment in an unrushed way
- Opportunities to come together with community and share a few words about your experience (sharing is optional)
- A closing tea ceremony in the forest, with wild foraged tea and time to relax, ask our guide questions and visit with community.
Additional Details and FAQ:
- Registration in advance is necessary to join us, so don’t forget to sign up!
- No outdoors experience or special gear is necessary to attend, but please note that participants will be led along unpaved trails and uneven terrain during most forest therapy walk experiences. If you have questions or special requests, please contact us so that we can help you.
- These workshops are geared toward an audience 13 years or older, but feel free to contact us to discuss bringing along younger participants.
- Check out our What to Expect page for more information and FAQs.
We’ll see you in the forest!