Forest Therapy Walks
A deeper immersion into the beauty of nature
Stay tuned for more community Forest Therapy Walks in the New Year.
Are you interested in booking a private walk for yourself or a group? Wonderful!
Contact us today to learn more & book your private Forest Therapy Walk!
What is a forest therapy walk?
A guided forest therapy walk is a structured experience that offers you an opportunity to slow down, awaken the senses of the body (sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste) and explore your sense of relationship with nature over the course of several hours.
These experiences are very relaxing, unique, and can help you feel a deep sense of belonging as a part of this world.
We’d love for you to join us.
Why join a forest therapy walk?
As humans, we have an innate connection to nature. You can feel it when you pay attention.
Medical doctors & researchers around the world agree that spending time in nature provides many benefits.
Birdsong calms our nervous system, fresh air cleanses our lungs, and natural landscapes are easily processed by our vision and help us to relax.
We have a connection with nature in the anatomy of our physical body – but it also flows deeper than this.
Have you ever been moved by an experience in nature?
Maybe you’ve gotten teary as you looked out on a vast and beautiful landscape.
Maybe you’ve felt awe at the sight of a forest in its full fall colors, or spring flowers in bloom.
How many happy memories do you have of watching a sunset?
The felt connection is real, and it is a powerful tool to help us boost our health, happiness and well-being in a natural way.
A forest therapy walk is structured to help you explore this.
What to Expect
A forest therapy walk is a slow experience in nature, not a hike. We’ll generally cover less than one mile during our time together.
Our walks follow a framework as designed by the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy; helping us to slow down, cultivate presence, and invite meaningful interactions with the natural world.
An overview of what to expect:
- An introduction to the history & practice of forest therapy, including some of the health benefits and health research
- Guided forest bathing invitations to help you gently awaken your senses, slow down, and open up to the peace of nature
- Ample personal time to explore the environment in an unrushed way
- Opportunities to come together with community and share a few words about your experience (sharing is always optional, and silence is most welcome)
- Closing time to relax, share freshly brewed medicinal tea, make new friends, and transition into the rest of your day.
Additional Details and FAQ:
- Forest Therapy Walks are lead by ANFT Certified Forest Therapy Guide, Katie Venechuk.
- We ask that all participants register to join us in advance, so don’t forget to sign up! Space is limited.
- No outdoors experience or special gear is necessary to attend.
- All are welcome, including children and teens, but we find that participants aged 13+ tend to enjoy the experience most.
- This experience does not include in-depth discussion of environmental science or a yoga session.
- Please note: participants will be led along unpaved trails and uneven terrain during most forest therapy walk experiences. If you have questions or special requests we’d be happy to chat with you.
- “The Forest is the Therapist, The Guide Opens the Doors.” As guides, we are here to skillfully guide you as you explore the wellness benefits of time in nature. This experience does not include a therapy session with another human.
- Check out our What to Expect page for more information and FAQs.