Forest Yoga & Nature Immersion
with the City of Grand Rapids Parks & Recreation
Join us this June as we partner up with the City of Grand Rapids Parks & Recreation for another 4-week class series at Ken-O-Sha Park!
Step away from the hustle of the city for a short walk into the forest and a yoga class among the trees during these 1.25-hr wellness classes, where you’ll enjoy mindful time in nature, release stress and anxiety, and learn a little about the forest environment and the health benefits we receive when we spend time there.
DATES: Thursdays, June 10, 17, 24, July 1
TIME: 6:00 – 7:15 pm
- An alignment focused yoga class among the trees (all levels welcome, please bring your own mat and water)
- An opportunity to learn about the practice of forest therapy
- Mini forest therapy experiences to help you connect with nature & maximize the wellness benefits of your time in the forest (NEW addition to the class series this year!)
Instructor: Katie Venechuk, RYT & Certified Forest Therapy Guide
Four Week Series: $40 (residents)
Four Week Series: $50 (non-residents)
- No experience in the outdoors or with yoga is necessary to join. All are welcome!
- Registration in advance is required, so don’t forget to sign up!
- Classes are hosted at Ken-O-Sha Park. No restroom is available at this locatoin, so please use the restroom before you arrive!
- Participants will be guided along forest trails for the walk to our class location, some of which are unpaved.
- COVID Safety Measures:
- Class size is limited to ten participants total (including our guide)
- Social distancing will be observed at all times. We’ll offer gentle reminders throughout class, if necessary
- Face masks are required when participants are together in the forest. A portion of class includes individual exploration in nature, where participants are separate from the group and experiencing time alone in the forest. During this time you are welcome to lower your mask if you’d like
- Check out our What to Expect page for more information, refund and cancellation policies and other FAQs.
- Questions? Contact Us today!
We’ll see you in the forest!