““We write to taste life twice: once in the moment and again in retrospection.”
– Anaïs Nin
Relax in nature & connect through the art of journaling:
Do you want to explore a unique approach to journaling? Whether you are new to journaling or write every day, these 1.5-hr workshops offer a wonderful blend of forest bathing techniques and writing prompts to help you relax into the natural environment and explore how writing can encourage a deeper relationship with both yourself and the world around you.
All writing ages are welcome!
What you’ll need:
- A paper journal & a pen
- During warm weather programming: bring along some water and any comfort items you’d like to have.
- During cold weather programming: bring a blanket or two to build yourself a cozy writing nest. Dress warmly and feel free to bring along a thermos with a hot drink!
What we’ll have for you:
- During warm weather programming: we will have bug spray (DEET & DEET free options) and a cushioned stadium pad to sit on.
- During cold weather programming: we will have hot stone, eco-friendly hand warmers to put in your pockets or in your nest as well as a small insulated pad to sit on.
Meet Your Workshop Guide, Katie Venechuk:
In addition to Katie’s training and experience leading In Your Element’s core classes and forest therapy walks, Katie is a passionate writer and has journaled daily for more than ten years. She’s also the author of the blog World Maps and Yoga Mats, which was inspired by her love of journaling.
- These workshops run with a minimum of 6 registered participants. Please share with your friends and invite others to help us host these workshops.
- Registration in advance is necessary to join us, so don’t forget to sign up.
- No experience in the outdoors or with journaling is needed, and all writing ages are welcome.
- Workshops are hosted in the Grand Rapids, MI area, with locations varying by workshop. Please review the calendar for location details.
- Check out our What to Expect page for more information, our cancellation policy for workshops & other FAQs.
- Questions? Contact Us today!
We’ll see you in the forest!