Join us monthly for donation-based community forest bathing!
We believe that forest bathing has an enormous potential to positively influence the health and wellness of our community.
We’re honored to help introduce west Michigan to this practice as one of the regions first ANFT certified forest therapy guides, and we want to make experiences available to everyone, regardless of financial circumstances.
Beginning in the spring of 2022, join us monthly for our Group Sit Spot & Community Circle gatherings!
Join us at no cost or offer a small donation if you can.
We’ll see you in the forest soon!
What to expect:
This semi-formal class is designed to help you build a deeper understanding of the practice of forest bathing through a consistent exploration of one of the core invitations: a sit spot.
During a forest bathing sit spot, you’ll be invited to wander among the trees and find a comfortable spot to relax and observe what is happening in the world around you. A sit spot is a simple but wonderful invitation, offering a reduction in stress hormones while helping you reconnect with a slower pace and the web of life around you.
Here are a few ways having a guide for this can help:
- We’ll hold the time for you, so you can feel free to be in your experience without worrying about the clock.
- We’ll facilitate an opening & closing community circle, which formalizes the start and end of the experience, creates a container, and offers an opportunity to connect with like-minded people.
- We’ll mindfully select the forests and environments to align with the standards of forest therapy trails; hosting in our favorite locations and offering experiences on various days/times to accommodate various schedules.
These opportunities are led and facilitated by ANFT Certified Forest Therapy Guide & IYE Founder, Katie Venechuk.
NOTE: These experiences are limited to 18 participants to help us honor the forests where we are spending time and stay true to the small group nature of a guided forest bathing. Sign up early via the button below to save your spot!
Whether you are completely new to forest bathing or join us often, we’d love to have you with us!
Check out the additional details below for donation information & FAQs.
- While this is a donation-based opportunity, we still handle all registrations in advance and limit the opportunity to 18 participants. Don’t forget to sign up if you plan to come!
- There is no cost to join us, but if you are able to donate to help us support this offering, we appreciate it. Donations are suggested between $5-$10, and are welcome via Venmo @iyewellness or cash.
- These experiences are 45-60 minutes long, depending on the time of day and location. Check out the Calendar & Booking page for upcoming opportunities.
- All are welcome and no experience in the outdoors is necessary.
- These experiences are often enjoyed by people ages 13+, but all ages are welcome.
- All participants must sign our Participant Agreement & Waiver prior to their first class.
- Questions? Contact Us today!